Some of the job duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensures efficient and effective performance of the banquet department.
- Manages the budget, forecasts, and strategic operation of the banquet department.
- Prepares cost reports and analyzes data for presentation to the management team.
- Oversees the banquet team including hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, dealing with personnel issues, staffing concerns, and any other area of banquets as required.
- Conduct performance management and reviews as required.
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively with other departments.
- Ensure food quantities and quality is met before it is served to guests
- Review BEO’s to ensure set up and requirements are complete
- Coordinating and delivery food and beverages.
- Record usage and waste
- Follow up with group coordinator to ensure functions are running smoothly and all requests have been met
Prerequisites: The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent Food and Beverage professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
Education: A post secondary education in hospitality management is an asset. Must have excellent verbal, written and computer system skills.
Experience: Must have 2+ years’ experience in managing or supervising banquets and/or events. Preference given for luxury resort and international experience.