- Manage and provide strategic and tactical direction to 3rd party vendors, including communicating and tracking vendor compliance with band requirements to improve business performance and efficiency
- Adjusts third party delivery systems and delivery schedules, to ensure on time in full delivery of product.
- Support the team with execution of the logistics plan relating to delivery, customer service, shipping, and security
- Ensures efficient communication systems and escalation processes between 3rd party logistics partners to the customer service teams
- Identify and analyze critical gaps in the logistics, distribution, and shipping programs and develop solutions to eliminate or minimize these gaps
- Refine the distribution logistics strategy to adapt to current and future business needs
- Establish, track & analyze metrics and report to executive and other stakeholders as requested
- Prepare annual Capital and Expense budgets with regards to distribution, logistics, and shipping costs
- Prepares and manages logistics monitoring indicators, scorecards, and reporting tasks.
- Audit sites for compliance in the areas of logistics best practices, safety, and asset management
- Develop a Culture of Lean behaviors by mentoring and teaching reports to identify waste and drive Continuous Improvement initiatives to reduce warehousing, shipping and distribution costs while maintaining high Customer service levels and Quality.
- Initiate policy and guidance to production and sales teams to meet their surge delivery requirements
- Maintain familiarity with legislation, rulings, techniques, and other developments which impact delivery logistics and warehousing best practices
- Works proactively and collaboratively with sales forecasting/allocation, production, inventory and purchasing, maintenance, and other corporate services to provide the best possible internal and external customer service
- Provide direction to facilitate reliable and consistent communication of results and requirements upstream and downstream.
- Promote teamwork between departments and functional groups
- Promote collaboration by managers and key employees to provide the best results for customers
- Monitor recommended specifications for forklifts, equipment, and tools
- Ensure compliance with all organizational standards of work practice, policies, legal regulations, sub-contractor requirements, and Health & Safety
- Maintain awareness of trends, best practices and standards evolving inside and outside the company and utilizing them to create new and innovative methods, approaches, and standards.
- Acts as company representative to suppliers and customers (internal and external)
- Investigate and develop improved material handling and loading methods in facilities and locations
- Reliable consistent communication of results and requirements upstream and downstream.
- Resolve any arising complaints from both external and internal customers
- Supervise, coach, and train warehouse workforce
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (i.e. business, logistics, or supply chain)
- 5+ years of experience in a distribution or logistics management or related discipline
- Ideally hold a CITT Certified Logistics Professional (CCLP) designation
Perks & Benefits
Certifications / Education
Post Secondary Degree