They are currently searching for a professional bread baker to manage their bread baking team. Your formal school training and experience will include mixing, bench work, proofing, and baking all types of yeasted and sourdough breads, as well as working with laminated dough. In addition, you will have experience developing new bread recipes with a focus on sourdough bread, as well as managing and training less experienced staff.
- Reading production schedule & receipts, measuring & mixing ingredients, molding & shaping dough & processing everything through the ovens.
- Meet production schedules to ensure packaging and delivery schedules are met
- Maintain high standards of food quality and appearance
- Maintain clean, safe work area and keep area organized
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with bread
- Experience with Sourdoughs, Brioche and Viennoiserie are essential
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds independently (on an occasional basis)
- Must be able to handle volume
- Strong time management experience
As part of their baking team, you will work overnight, 5 days/week, closed Sunday Monday and all holidays. You will have the ability to lift 50+ pounds, stand and/or bend for extended periods of time.