- Responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent guest service and providing an exceptional guest experience across all departments in the venue.
- Responsible for maintaining the seamless operation of all Food and Beverage, Guest Service and retail operation within the operation.
- Ensure that the facility consistently meets the brand’s and legislative cleanliness and safety standards; this includes regular monitoring of the restaurant, entertainment centre, gaming areas, and restrooms.
- Responsible for completing daily, weekly, monthly checklists and ensuring inspections are up to date according to internal and external (regulatory bodies) requirements.
- Ensure gaming initiatives are executed accordingly to drive financial performance while keeping costs in line.
- Responsible for executing Groups & Events within venue, providing exceptional guest service.
- Understand and effectively follow all values, policies and procedures.
- Protect and enhance the brand.
- Practice and role model Company culture.
- Recruit, interview, train and coach venue management, and proactively plan for succession.
- Attend regular meetings with AGM, Senior Service Manager, and designated Service Managers to provide feedback, set goals and evaluate performance.
- Delivering employee training and execute development strategies for area of responsibility (Bar, Service Floor, Host/Call Center, and Groups & Events).
- Understand and implement appropriate disciplinary action for performance and behavioural management.
- Evaluate and take action to improve departmental turnover and increase employee morale by creating a supportive employee centered environment.
- Plan, evaluate and monitor operations in guest facing areas to maximize sales and profitability through the efficient execution of Company programs and the maintenance of Company standards.
- Drive sales through professional execution, managing staffing and operational plans to ensure profitability.
- Manage the inventory and shrinkage of all designated departments by ensuring all inventory counts (weekly, monthly & year-end) are accurately completed on time, and actioned when variances exceed budgeted amounts.
- Execute all company programs and service standards on an ongoing basis and provide feedback to the Senior Service Manager to improve the Guest service experience.
- Ensure all Players and department cashiers adhere to all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Share Best Practices across departments to increase performance levels and guest satisfaction.
- Manage the inventory and shrinkage of all designated departments.
- Accurately and efficiently maintain assigned records, Company funds and property in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure fair and equitable discipline, in compliance with the discipline policy and severity table, implementing appropriate action(s) for performance and behavioural management.
- Investigate and action the causes of staff concerns in a timely manner to ensure we maintain a positive work environment.
- Ensure all Player and departmental scheduling requests are addressed and communicated in a timely manner.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all statutory regulations affecting restaurant health and safety, and ensure that any safety hazards are identified and rectified.
- Follow all provincial Health, Food Safety and Liquor service legislative requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience managing a high volume restaurant or venue with the primary focus being on guest service excellence.
- Post-Secondary education, in business and/or hospitality preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team during high volume business periods in multiple departments.
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Proven experience in training, coaching, and mentoring supervisors and employees.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, employees, and guests.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.